GS writes to Secretary Posts requesting to post General Line Officials in the posts of Sr. PM.

No. CHQ/IPASP/CA/2011 Dated 12.08.2011

Ms. Radhika Doraiswamy
Secretary (Posts)
Department of Posts
Dak Bawan
New Delhi-100001.

SUB: Issue of instructions to Circles for utilizing the services of 25 officials of IP
Line/General Line as Sr. Postmaster.

REF: Postal Directorate No. 9-34/2011-SPG dated 05.08.2011.

Respected Madam,

Your goodself is well aware that there are 866 posts of PS Group ‘B’ including 116 posts of Sr. Postmaster. 75% posts (649) of PS Group ‘B’ are earmarked for promotion through DPC of IP Line officials. Remaining 25% posts (217) are earmarked for promotion through examination as under:-

IP Line 19% 165
General Line 6% 52

After introduction of Postmaster cadre, 29 posts out of 52 posts in PS Group “B” have been ear marked to Sr. PM Grade in PM Cadre. Hence, the share of General Line officials in PS Group ‘B’ comes to 23 only.

162 officials of IP Line are already working in PS Group ‘B’ cadre against 165 posts and 27 officials of General Line are working in PS Group ‘B’ against 23 posts. Now, on introduction of Postmaster cadre, there are practically only 3 vacancies for IP line officials in PS Group ‘B’ cadre and 4 officials of General Line are in excess in PS Group ‘B’.

In view of above facts, it is requested that instructions may kindly be issued to all concerned Circles to post General Line officials against the posts of Sr. Postmaster and not against the posts of PS Group ‘B’ in the interest of natural justice and to avoid litigation in this regard.

Yours Sincerely,

General Secretary