Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
No. IP/ASP/ASSN/11 Date: 25.10.2011
The Chief Postmaster General
Sub: Revision of Road Mileage rate- Gazette Notification reg:
Kindly find enclosed copy of Gazette Notification dated 14.1.2011 issued by the Government of Kerala (Transport Department) revising the existing rates of hire charge of Autorickshaws and Taxis. As per the said notification, the minimum rate per kilometer for Autorickshaws has been revised to Rs 7.00.
It is therefore requested to cause necessary action to bring the said revision of rates to the notice of all the Divisional Heads and to give them necessary instructions to settle the TA claims of IPs/ASPs as per the revised rates.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
1 Mazhar Basha AP- AP
2 Subhash Chand Barik Orissa- Orissa
3 B K Mehta Gujarath- Gujarath
4 Binod Bihari Sharan Bihar- Bihar
5 P Jayadevan Kerala- Kerala
6 A K Firoze Mohideen TN -TN
7 V Sampath TN -TN
8 Smt. V Mallika Mah- Mah
9 R P Chitradevi TN ADG(RB)- Directorate
10 M Niranjala Devi TN DD(PMU)- Directorate
11 N Prakash KTK- WB
12 T Neelakrishnan TN ADG(PO)- Directorate
13 S N Dave Rajasthan -Rajasthan
14 K K Jayasankar Kerala- Kerala
15 S Ranganathan TN ADG(Tech)- Directorate
16 K Raveendran TN ADG(BS)- Directorate
17 J F Shekar KTK -Rajasthan
18 Aditya Kumar NayaK Orissa- Orissa
19 R Laxmaiah AP -AP Retiring within one year
20 Abdul Haneef UP- UP
21 R Selvarani PTC Mysore- PTC Mysore
22 Leeladhar Joshi UTKH -UTKH
23 V S N Murthy AP- Assam
24 B S Pachal Gujarath -Gujarath
25 K Kuruvilla Veghese Kerala -Kerala Retiring within one year
26 Jeeban Sahu Orissa -Chattisgarah
27 Dibakar Patnaik Orissa -WB
28 Lokanath Sahani Orissa -Orissa Retiring within one year
29 Y E Honkan(SC) KTK -Punjab
30 N R Lonare(SC) Mah- MP
31 R Pandi(SC) AP -North East
32 Nannu Singh MP -MP
33 A N Dighore Mah Mah- Retiring within one year
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Association congratulates Sri. Permanand Kumar & his team for the efforts taken in the matter and hope that the CHQ will pursue the matter at Directorate to ensure that the CAT order is implemented without much delay. The proposal put forth by Directorate for merger of IPs and ASPs also needs a re-look in the light of the Court order.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
As notified by the Department, I alongwith Shri Hari Mohan, Circle Secretary, Punjab Circle Branch attended the meeting of the committee for looking in promotional prospects of IPOs/ASPOs. The meeting was held under the chairpersonship of the Member(P) in cordial atmosphere.
At the outset, we demanded for upgradation of GP of Rs.4200/- to Rs.4600/- for IP and merger of the post of the ASP with the post of PS Group 'B' in order to remove anomoly in the hiechary of IPOs/ASPOs cadre. The chairperson informed that it is not possible in view of the observations of the Secretary (Posts) in the meeting held on 11.08.2011. Proposal submitted by the Association to the Department on 27.09.2011 will not be acceptable to the DOPT/MOF. Hence, it is not possible to consider the same at this stage.
It was suggested by the official side that in order to upgrade the GP of IP from Rs.4200/- to Rs. 4600/- and to increase promotional prosepcts of IPOs/ASPOs, all posts of ASP (HQ)/OS in JTS/STS Divisions in Postal/RMS will be upgraded as Dy. Supdt. in P.S. Group 'B' with GP Rs.4800/- alongwith upgradation of some posts of ASP/IP in PTC/R.O./C.O./ Speed Post Centres in to P.S.Group 'B'. Remaining posts of ASPOs will be merged with the posts of IPOs with GP of Rs.4600/- to remove the problem of hiechary and to make it comparable with the Inspectors in CBDT/ CBEC. Necessary data in this regard will be collected by the Establishment Division of the Postal Directorate from all Circles and the matter will be discussed in the next meeting to be held on 03.11.2011.
Posted by All India Association of IPs/ASPs at 3:50 PM
No. CHQ/IPASP/Sr. Postmaster/2011 Dated: 18.10.2011
The Director General (Posts) Department of Posts
New Delhi- 110 001
Sub: Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the cadre of Senior Postmasters (Gazetted)
Ref: Postal Directorate No. A-34012/6/2011-DE dated 03.10.2011 & 4-17/2008-SPB-II dated 22.11.2010
This Association begs to bring the following few lines for kind consideration and positive action please:-
1. That the Department has issued notification vide No. A-34012/6/2011-DE dated 03.10.2011 scheduling Senior Postmaster Examination to be held on 31.12.2011 without notifying the number of vacancies and other pre-requisites for conducting the examination to keep this notification under the ambit of set rules.
2. The Association would like to recall that at present PS Group ‘B’ Recruitment (Amendment) Rules, 1993 issued vide No. 9-36/92-SPG dated 29.06.1994 are still in force leaving aside the Postmaster Recruitment Rules, 2010 that too run contrary to earlier rules.
3. That as per Department of Posts, Postal Superintendent/ Postmasters Group ‘B’ Recruitment Rules, 1987 issued on 09.04.1988, all Group ‘B’ Posts were to be filled up by promotion in the manner given below:-
i. 94% from amongst officers holding the post of Inspector, Post Offices or Inspector, Railway Mails through DPC.
ii. 6% from amongst General Line officials by means of a Departmental Competitive Examination.
4. That in the year 1994, on the demand of this Association, Recruitment Rules mentioned at Sl No. 3 above were amended and the quota of 94% was further bifurcated in the manner given below:-
i. 75% of the total posts shall be filled up by promotion from amongst Inspectors of Post offices and Inspectors of Railway Mail Service (Pay Scale Rs. 1400-2300/-) with 8 years regular service in the grade.
ii. 19% of the total posts shall be filled on the basis of a Departmental Competitive Examination from amongst Inspectors of Post offices and Inspectors of Railway Mail Service (Pay Scale Rs 1400-2300/-) with five years regular service in the grade.5. That as per para 6 of the Postmaster Recruitment Rules, 2010, 116 posts of Senior Postmaster have been earmarked in the following manner:-
Total No. of Posts 116
75% Posts to IP Line out of 116 through LDCE 87
25% Posts to General Line out 116 through DPC 29
These 116 Posts of Senior Postmaster have been carved out of existing posts in PS Group ‘B’ cadre without any suitable amendment in PS Group ‘B’ Recruitment (Amendment) Rules 1993 and without any discussions with our Association.
6. That your kind attention is also invited to our letter no. CHQ /PS Gr ‘B’/2011 dated 04.07.2011(copy enclosed) wherein detailed proposal regarding distribution of quota under each category was submitted to the Department for consideration and implementation in the interest of both IP Line and General Line officials but nothing has been done by the Department in this regard so far.
7. That is also pointed out here that 19% Posts of IP Line (165 Posts) under examination quota in PS Group ‘B’ are already filled up and there is no vacancy to be filled up through LDCE.
8. That as per Department of Posts, Senior Postmaster(Group B Gazetted), Postmaster (Grade III and II- Group B Non-Gazetted) and Postmaster (Grade I-Group C Non-Gazetted) Recruitment Rules 2010 issued on 09.09.2010 only Inspector of Posts in PB-2 of Rs.9300-34800 and Grade Pay of Rs.4200 with six years regular service in the grade is eligible to appear in LDCE for Senior Postmaster. It is not understood why ASP having six years regular service in IP cadre is not eligible to write the examination as both Posts relates to one and same cadre i.e. IP cadre.
In view of above facts it is requested to kindly postpone examination process of Senior Postmaster and the examination should only be conducted as and when a vacancy arises under the respective quota and making eligible ASP to appear in the examination.
It is also requested to kindly consider and implement the proposal submitted to the Department in our letter dated 04.07.2011 in order to dispense justice to IP cadre.
It is also not out of place to mention here that this Association will be forced to take legal recourse in this regard if the matter is not settled amicably within reasonable time.
1. Sri.K.S.Sreedharan (SP Idukki) - 31.3.2012
2.Sri. K.Kuruvilla Varghese (SSP KTM) - 31.5.2012
3.Sri. P.V.Vaidyanathan (Dy.SP EKM) - 31.5.2012
4.Sri. P.Mukundan (SP TLY) - 31.5.2012
5.Sri. A.J.Jose (SP ALP) - 30.6.2012
6.Sri. P.Radhakrishnan Nair (AD LC,RO Kochi) - 31.12.2012.
1.Sri. A.C.Philip (AD Staff, RO Calicut) - 30.6.2013
2.B.Mohanan (SP, TVM (S)) - 31.10.2013
3.Sri. V.K.T. Kunhosoophy (ASP HQ, Manjeri)- 30.11.2013
4.Sri. K.G.Balakrishnan (SP Kannur) - 31.12.2013
Monday, October 17, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
1. Sri. K.Sathiamoorthy, AD (Mails), RO Kochi is re-alloted to TN Circle and posted as Sr. PM, Coimbatore HO
2. L.Amalachandran, AD(Rectt &Est), CO TVM is re-alloted to TN Circle and posted as Dy. Chief Postmaster (Admn), Anna Road HO.
APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED BY WILLING CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION FOR PROMOTION TO THE CADRE OF Sr. PM
1 Name & Designation in Block letters
2 Office to which attached and Division
3 Educational Qualifications
4 Present post held and the scale of pay
5 Date of Birth and age
6 Whether belongs to SC/ST if so the name of the caste/tribe
7 Post in which first appointed and the date from which appointed
8 Date of regular appointment to
(i) HSG I
(ii) Asstt. Supdt./HSG II
(iii) Inspector / LSG
(the words not applicable should be scored out)
9 No. of completed years as on 01-01-2011
(i) HSG I
(ii) Asstt. Supdt./HSG II
(iii) Inspector / LSG
(the words not applicable should be scored out)
I……………………………………………………………..hereby declare that the particulars furnished by me in the form are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Date: Designation & Address
1. The particulars have been carefully checked and found correct / corrected wherever necessary.
2. Specific recommendations of the controlling authority Viz. Divisional Superintendents. RECOMMENDED / NOT RECOMMENDED
Sr. Supdt. / Supdt./Asstt.Director
1. Sri. Rajeev Ranjan, IP (CCC), Trivandrum North Division is alloted to Bihar Circle against Sri. R.Rattan Kumar, Complaints Inspector, O/o SPos, Darbhanga Division, Bihar Postal Circle alloted to Kerala Circle.
2. On allotment to Kerala Circle, Sri. Rattan Kumar is posted as IP, Punalur Sub Division, Pathanamthitta Division.
Competent Authority vide the above cited letter (Part II) has further ordered the following:
1. Sri. M.S.Sunil, IP Punalur Sub Division, PTA is transferred and posted as IP, Neyyattinkara Sub Dn, TVM (S) Dn against vacant post. The transfer is on request of the official and hence w/o TA/TP and J.T.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
1. Sri. L.K.Gangadharan, SPOs TVM(S) is promoted on adhoc basis to the cadre of Junior Time Scale of Indian Postal Service Group A and posted as SSPOs, Kollam against regular vacancy.
2. Sri. B.Mohanan, SPOs PTA, is transferred and posted as SPOs, Trivandrum South Dn.
3.Sri. V.Balakrishnan Nair, ASP (OD & Mktg), TVM (S) Dn is promoted on adhoc basis to the cadre of PS Group B and posted as SPOs, PTA Dn vice Sri. B.Mohanan transferred.
The Association congratulates the officers and wishes them all the very best in their new venture.
Monday, October 10, 2011
1st batch (14-15th October 2011)
Second Batch (21st - 22nd October)
19. Sheeja Prabhakaran
20. Sunil Kumar
30. Deepa Murali.
List of participants for the 3rd batch to be conducted on 28-29th Oct will be announced shortly.
Friday, October 7, 2011
No. IP/ASP/ASSN: Date 7/10/2011
The Postmaster General
Sub: Shifting of the Office of ASRM/IRM CT 2nd Sub Dn – reg:
I am writing this letter to convey the strong protest and indignation of this Association over the action taken by your office for shifting the office of ASRM/IRM Calicut 2nd Sub Division without even informing or consulting our members. It is ascertained that the Office of ASRM/IRM CT 2nd Sub Dn has been shifted to a small, crammed room near CRC in Calicut RMS/2 (1st floor) which does not even have attached toilet facility. Though ASRM had identified another room for EK-1 staff as rest room, it is learned that the office has been shifted today morning with unnecessary haste on the pretext that one of the Staff Union was adamant that the rest room is to be accommodated in the office room of ASRM itself.
Incidentally, I may point out here that on the same day the above decision was taken by your office, Our Association had held bi-monthly meeting with PMG and even in that meeting this issue was neither discussed with our representatives nor our views sought in the matter. Moreover, my discussions with service union representatives revealed that they have no case that the rest room should be shifted to the room of ASRM. The Union representatives had given me assurance that if any other convenient space is provided at the HO itself, they would be happy to accommodate the rest room there.
Hence, the Association appeals to your kind self to reconsider the said decision taken with respect to the shifting of ASRMs office and to maintain status quo in the matter as otherwise it would cause much hardship and grievance to our members. A line in reply will be deeply appreciated.
Item No.1: Restoration of diverted PCs to Sub Divisions: The destop PCs taken away from Sub Divisional Offices in some Divisions of NR is to be returned to those offices. Although the item was taken up with PMG and he had agreed to take action on the same, the systems have not been restored till date.
Reply: It was decided that one 'i-ball' brand computer USB compact key board and Microsoft mouse shall be brought locally by the IP/ASP at the amount not exceeding Rs 800/-(both items). They shall submit the bill to the Divisional Superintendent. Those IP and ASP who already have both or either of the items mentioned above need not purchase the same again.
Item No.2: Permission to purchase Swamys News: Permission to purchase monthly issue of Swamys News may be given to the Sub Divisional Heads or supply of the same may be arranged from Divisional Office.
Reply: There is no need to supply the item. (Item closed).
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
15.10.11- Northern Region (Calicut)
22.10.11 - Central Region (Aluva)
29.10.11- Southern Region (TVM)
The exact venues will be announced later. The agenda of the said meetings will be as follows:
1. All India CWC held at Patna
2. Proposals to be submitted before the Cadre Re-structuring Committee
3.All India Conference to be held at Bangalore in January 2012
4.Circle Conference to be held in April 2012.
5. Other Organizational and local issues
6. Any other item with the permission of the chair.
All the members are requested to participate in the meetings so as to enable us to evolve a concrete proposal for submitting before the cadre re-structuring committee which has already been put in place. Sri. Mohammad Shareef (ASP Tirur Sub Dn), Sri. B.Padmakumar (ASP EKM RMS) and Sri. B.Gopakumar (IP CS CO) will function as convenors of the meetings in NR, CR and SR respectively.
Copy of the CPMG, Rajasthan Circle, Jaipur letter No. O & M/10-1/Instructions dated 21.09.2011 is reproduced below for information of all members of the Association. All Circle Secretaries are requested to take up this issue with their CPMsG.
Department of Posts, India
% The Chief Postmaster General, Rajasthan Circle,
All the Divisional Heads, Jaipur Region
No. O & M/ 10-1/ Instructions Dated at Jaipur, the 21.09.2011
Sub :- Regarding work distribution to Sub- Divisional Heads
On the above context, the undersigned has been directed to say that -
1. All the Sub- Divisional Heads may be provided official assistance of 1/2 day daily from the Post Office staff where Sub-Division is located. All the concerned Divisional Heads will provide a Postal Assistant of PO staff who is efficient to work on computer to the Sub- Divisional Heads of their jurisdiction for assistance for 1/2 day daily. Memo of Distribution of Work (MODOW) be changed accordingly.
2. All the targets by the Divisional Heads to be allotted to Post Offices (operative units) in consultation with Sub- Divisional Heads. A Monitoring System may be put in place for effective monitoring by respective account offices.
3. Inspection Rooms for Inspectors/ASPs at important locations to be created. The existing IRs be modernised on priority basis.
Asstt. Postmaster General (S&V)
Copy for information, guidance and necessary action to :-
1. The Postmaster General Ajmer/ Jodhpur
2. All the Sub- Divisional Heads Jaipur Region
Ms Kavery Banerjee Secretary (Posts) and Ms Arundhaty Ghosh CPMG WB Circle